What You Should Know
Welcome to the Trading Places International website (this "Website"), controlled and operated by Trading Places International ("Trading Places International"). The goal of Trading Places International is to offer you incredible vacation values by providing you with all of the comforts of home at resorts and destinations around the world. Please read our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") carefully before continuing on with your use of this Website. These Terms and Conditions set forth the legally binding agreement between you and us when you use this Website. You may use this Website and the services and/or products offered there under as long as you comply with these Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to the Terms. The Terms are meant to protect all of our Website visitors and your use of this Website signifies your agreement with these Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. Trading Places International reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. By using this Website after we have posted notice of such modifications, alterations or updates, you agree to be bound by such revised Terms. In accordance with our goals, this Website will permit you to link to many other websites, that may or may not be affiliated with this Website and/or Trading Places International, and that may have Terms and Conditions that differ from, or contain terms in addition to, the terms specified here. Your access to such websites through links provided on this Website is governed by the Terms and Conditions and policies of those websites, not this Website.
Ownership, Trademarks, Copyrights and Restrictions
This Website is controlled and operated by Trading Places International, 23807 Aliso Creek Road, Suite 100, Laguna Niguel, California 92677. All content on this Website, including, but not limited to text, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property rights (which are governed by U.S. and worldwide trademark laws, copyright laws and treaty provisions, privacy and publicity laws, and communication regulations and statutes), and are owned and controlled by Trading Places International or its affiliates, or by third party content providers, merchants, sponsors and licensors (collectively "Providers") that have licensed their content or the right to market their products and/or services to Trading Places International. Content on this Website or any Website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by the Providers is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Trading Places International grants you a limited, non-transferable license to use this Website in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions. You may only use this Website to make legitimate reservations or purchases and shall not use this Website for any other purpose, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservations or any reservation in anticipation of demand. You may print a copy of the content and/or information contained herein for your personal, non-commercial use only, but you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, and/or exploit the content or information in any way (including by e-mail or other electronic means) for commercial use without the prior written consent of Trading Places International or the Providers. Without the prior written consent of Trading Places International or the Providers, your modification of the content, use of the content on any other Website or networked computer environment, or use of the content for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use, violates the rights of the owners of the Trading Places International and/or the Provider copyrights, trademarks or service marks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. As a condition to your use of this Website, you warrant to Trading Places International that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation the posting or transmitting any threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use this Website immediately terminates without the necessity of any notice. Trading Places International retains the right to deny access to anyone at its discretion for any reason, including for violation of these Terms. You may not use on your Website any trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials appearing on this Website, including but not limited to any logos or characters, without the express written consent of the owner of the mark or copyright. You may not frame or otherwise incorporate into another Website any of the content or other materials on this Website without prior written consent of Trading Places International.
Age and Responsibility
If you use this Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and your password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this Website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this Website. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this Website by you and those using your login information.
This Website may contain links to other Websites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are provided for your convenience and information only and, as such, you access them at your own risk. The content of any Linked Sites is not under Trading Places International's control, and Trading Places International is not responsible for, and does not endorse, such content, whether or not Trading Places International is affiliated with the owners of such Linked Sites. You may not establish a hyperlink to this Website or provide any links that state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your Website by Trading Places International, or its affiliates or Providers.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH, UNDER THE U.S. LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS, ARE IMPLIED BY LAW AND ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION, TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL, ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR THE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEBSITE WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE CONTENT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE CONTENT THAT YOU ACCESS ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTENT, SERVICE AND/OR MERCHANDISE ACQUIRED PURSUANT TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU (AND NOT TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF YOUR SYSTEM. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT NEITHER TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL, NOR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES (INCLUDING ITS PROVIDERS), NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEBSITE, IS RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LINKED SITE. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL AND RELATED PERSONS AND ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION, COMPUTER VIRUS, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF PERSONAL RECORDS, OR THE RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF DATA, INFORMATION, OPINIONS OR OTHER MATERIALS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER SUBSCRIBERS OR THIRD PARTIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Trading Places International and the Providers, its and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
These Terms are for the benefit of Trading Places International and its Providers, its and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these Terms directly against you on its or their own behalf.
Unless otherwise specified, the content contained in this Website is presented solely for your convenience and/or information. This Website is controlled and operated by Trading Places International from its offices within Laguna Niguel, CA. Trading Places International makes no representation that content in this Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You may not use or export the materials in this Website in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as they are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or Trading Places International brings to enforce these Terms, or in connection with any matters related to this Website, shall be brought only in either the state or Federal courts located in California and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to reservations, purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of this Website, and you agree to abide by all other applicable terms and conditions including, but not limited to, paying all amounts owed on a timely basis and complying with all rules and restrictions regarding availability of products, programs or services. We are only responsible for written representations that we make on this Website and are not responsible for any representations made by any other person or entity. Information about resorts and other accommodations available hereunder is based on information obtained from such resorts and/or providers of such accommodations. We expressly disclaim liability for inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information concerning any resort or provider of accommodations. Confirmations issued hereunder are valid only if issued by us. Upon receipt, please check all the details in the Confirmation and notify us immediately if anything is incorrect, as changes to any aspect of the Confirmation may be treated as a cancellation. The total number of people occupying any accommodation(s) must not exceed the maximum occupancy of the particular accommodation(s) set forth in the Confirmation; otherwise, access may be refused or the applicable resort or provider of the accommodations may levy an additional charge. You are responsible for payment of any applicable taxes, gratuities, personal expenses, utility charges, security deposits and other fees or charges levied by a resort and/or provider of accommodations for the use of amenities and facilities. You and your guests must occupy and use any accommodations in a responsible, careful and secure manner. You are responsible for any acts and omissions which result in any damage, theft or loss caused by you or your guests while using the accommodations. You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to confirm a vacation on this Website. In some instances, the minimum age to make a reservation may be higher where required by a resort or other provider of accommodations. Any complaints about the accommodations or services provided at a resort should be made at the earliest opportunity to a person in authority at the resort and to us. A Confirmation may not be used for any commercial purpose, including rental or sale of the accommodation(s) which is/are represented by such Confirmation. A Confirmation may only be used by the person whose name(s) appears on the Confirmation. We reserve the right to cancel your Confirmation if payment for any accommodation(s) is/are rejected by your bank or credit card company. In the event that a resort or other accommodation becomes uninhabitable due to a natural disaster, we will not be liable for any resulting cancellations and no refund of any amounts paid by you will be made. If the accommodations which you confirmed become unavailable due to natural disaster, act of God, civil unrest or any other reason beyond our control, you waive any and all claims against us. We will have no liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which may occur while you stay at resort or other accommodation confirmed by you through Trading Places International or as a result of any third party. Our liability for any loss, injury or damage incurred by you as a result of any action or failure to act on our part, will be limited to consideration paid by you for the accommodation provided by or through Trading Places International, and in no event will we be liable for special, consequential or punitive damages. This limitation of liability shall also apply to all affiliated companies, servants and agents of Trading Places International. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to this Website and your use of this Website. As such, these Terms and Conditions (as modified by us, from time to time) will be deemed to supersede any prior or future communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between us. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings to the same extent, and subject to, the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. All accommodations confirmed are on an "As Is And with All Faults" basis. We hereby expressly disclaim all warranties relating to any accommodations purchased hereunder, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Although most travel, including travel to international destinations, is completed without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others. Trading Places International urges passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. Information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found at www.state.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.dot.gov, www.faa.gov, www.cdc.gov, www.treas.gov/ofac, www.customs.gov and http://www.voyage.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
It is the traveler’s responsibility to obtain information on passport requirements and travel documentation requirements. For information on passports, U.S. citizens can visit the State Department's Web site at http://travel.state.gov/, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center: (877) 4USA-PPT
BY OFFERING FOR SALE TRAVEL TO PARTICULAR INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS, TRADING PLACES INTERNATIONAL DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH POINTS IS ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS.
- Once we have received a week within the guidelines of your request, an agent will contact you to complete the transaction.
- Two attempts to contact you will be made. In the event we don't hear back from you within five business days, we will assume you are no longer interested and your request will be cancelled.
- We are unable to hold inventory.
- Space is subject to availability.
- Once a confirmation is made, reservations are non-refundable and non-cancelable, so please plan carefully.
- In order for your vacation ownership week to be deposited with TPI your resort or management company must:
- a. Verify your ownership and reservation information
- b. Verify the maintenance fee is paid for the week and year being deposited
- c. Verify the week is not assigned to another company or guest
- Deposit is guaranteed if request is submitted 60 days or more prior to arrival, subject to verification as outlined above. Upon verification you will receive a Banking Acknowledgement for one (1) week exchange credit with TPI.
- Deposit requests submitted at less than aforementioned lead-time may not be eligible for guaranteed deposit. Upon verification TPI may require use by a guest before a week of credit will be assigned to your account.
- The banked week becomes the exclusive property of TPI and their guest.
- A $50 administration fee is required to terminate agreement, subject to approval.
- An exchange fee as well as unit size and/or season upgrade fees will be collected at the time you confirm an exchange using your banked week of credit.
- To be eligible for exchanging within the Trading Places International system, all maintenance fee assessments or similar charges must be current at your resort.
- Your week must be deposited with TPI before an exchange can be made. A written confirmation will be sent to you, confirming that your week has been successfully deposited and is no longer available to you.
- Exchanges may be requested up to twenty-four (24) months in advance of travel. You may exchange your use time for comparable accommodations in a comparable season at any resort in the TPI system, based upon space availability.
- TPI cannot guarantee fulfillment of any specific exchange request. A successful exchange meets two requirements: 1) the member’s week can be used, and 2) an acceptable destination can be confirmed.
- A written exchange confirmation will be sent to you along with significant resort information. You are responsible for printing your confirmation for exchanges made online. This confirmation must be presented upon arrival at the resort.
- All confirmed exchanges are final.
- TPI must be notified if someone other than you will be occupying the unit. Written confirmation is required for check-in. You must comply with each resort’s own check-in/check-out dates, times and procedures.
- If you do not contact TPI or your confirmed resort at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to advise of a late arrival or no-show, your reservation may be canceled 24 hours after your scheduled arrival. You will not be relieved of any fees as a result of your failure to check-in or notify the resort by this deadline.
- You are responsible for the payment of any expenses incurred, e.g., additional fees for the use of certain amenities and facilities, as well as damages caused by you or your guests while staying in your exchange unit, and for the replacement of any missing items. These fees are collected at the resort. Guests are also responsible for any such personal charges, damage deposits, transient occupancy taxes, phone calls, energy surcharge fees, etc.
- All exchange agreements are exclusive. You, the member, will be charged the cost to re-accommodate any guest denied use of your exchanged unit as a result of your error.
- The resorts featured in TPI exchange programs are not necessarily directly affiliated with TPI, and are subject to change without notice. No claims of information or availability are made.
- All ownership transfers are the responsibility of the owners/member. TPI assumes no responsibility for determining rights to a deposited or banked week during an ownership transfer. Determining such entitlement is the sole responsibility of the seller and buyer and should be communicated to TPI.
Borrow Weeks/Extend Your Week
Your week may be exchanged up to two years prior to your time (“borrow”), or deposited and used up to two years after your time (“banking”), subject to your resort association’s rules and regulations. If you wish to extend your banked week beyond this two-year window, call TPI and pay an extension fee before any deposited week expires.
A unit upgrade is defined as a stay in a unit larger than the one you own. Fees depend on upgrade levels, lead times and availability. You are urged to purchase the unit you are most likely to use, as there is limited upgrade availability depending on season, etc.
Hot Deals Condo Rentals
- All Hot Deals reservations are non-changeable and non-refundable. Vacation insurance is available, click here.
- The 25% discount is only applicable for reservations made within 60 days of travel, and is not combinable with other offers or program benefits.
- A written rental confirmation will be sent to you along with significant resort information. You are responsible for printing your confirmation for Hot Deals reservations made online. This confirmation must be presented upon arrival at the resort.
- If you do not contact TPI or your confirmed resort at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival to advise of a late arrival or no-show, your reservation may be canceled 24 hours after your scheduled arrival. You will not be relieved of any fees as a result of your failure to check-in or notify the resort by this deadline.
- Some resorts require a mandatory all-inclusive fee. Please verify this information on the resort details page.
- You are responsible for the payment of any expenses incurred, e.g., additional fees for the use of certain amenities and facilities, as well as damages caused by you or your guests and for the replacement of any missing items. These fees are collected at the resort. Guests are also responsible for any such personal charges, damage deposits, transient occupancy taxes, phone calls, etc.
Nightly Condominium Rental Stays
Once deposit is received, a $50 cancellation fee will be assessed to any reservation canceled or revised more than 45 days of the arrival date. Within 45 days of arrival a two night room charge will be the penalty. These terms do not apply to Royal Resort nightly rental stays.
Reservation revisions, no shows and early departures will be considered cancellations and are subject to the terms above. All monies received for reservations during Christmas/New Years (Dec. 15 - Jan. 5) are non-refundable. Vacation insurance is available, click here.
Resorts to Ports
- You must be a member of Trading Places Vacation Exchange Club or Premier Access to complete a Resorts to Ports…And More vacation exchange.
- Your resort must qualify for inclusion in the Resorts to Ports®…And More program.
- A Trading Places International travel counselor will factor in the value of your week and arrive at the balance cost for your cruise/vacation package. Taxes will be added.
- Initial cruise/vacation package deposit and exchange fee required at time of reservation.
- Weeks will be accepted up to two years in advance as long as that year’s maintenance fees and assessments are paid.
- Bonus Weeks will not be accepted.
- Use Week must not have been previously banked or deposited.
- The timeshare week that will be applied toward your cruise/vacation package must be reserved with Trading Places at least six months prior to the arrival date of your use time.
- Written confirmations will be sent after initial deposit for cruise/vacation package is remitted.
- A week given to Trading Places to apply toward a cruise/vacation package is final and cannot be returned.
- All terms and conditions of the cruise lines, airlines or vacation supplier apply.
- Qualifying cruises or vacation packages are for a minimum 7-night stay and are booked on “space available” basis.
- “Courtesy bookings” are not included in this program. A courtesy booking is any reservation not subject to full payment of fees paid to Trading Places International.
- Rates are priced per person and based on double occupancy.
- Program and conditions subject to change without notice. Some restrictions apply.
Seller of Travel
Trading Places is a registered seller of travel in California. Registration number: 1008862-10 Registration as a seller of travel in California does not constitute the state's approval.